Sunday, December 16, 2012

Advent, Day Six: Advent In Light of Tragedy



I opened my Bible yesterday to read the verse for the day's lettering project {Luke 1:68-79}. When I read the last few verses, I immediately choked up. It's hard to read about 'God's Mercy' in the light of a tragic event like the school shooting Friday, but there it is, in black and white; He grants light to those sitting in the shadow of death. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. The paradox of God's grace and light in times of darkness is sometimes infuriating, but always true; the grace he grants in our darkest darkness is always the sweetest.




See the rest of the series here: 1 2 | 3 4 | 5

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! Looking forward to following your beautiful work here. Blessings this season.
    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwritting is killing me. It's so BEAUTIFUL! I can't access your shop and it makes me sad! xx

    ReplyDelete