Sunday, December 9, 2012

Advent, part two


Today's reading was Psalm 25. I picked this center section out because it reminded me a little of Brandon's wedding vows to me. And shouldn't the love you find in marriage mirror the love you find in the Bible, and the other way around? I'm learning how to wait expectantly on God because my husband waits expectantly on me. Waits with patience, waits with wholehearted love and affection. Waits with expectation without weighing me down with expectations. 

I'm one of the lucky ones; this I know.

{Side note: Brandon gave me a copy of his wedding vows on our wedding night, and I gave him mine.  I went to read over them when I was waiting for the ink to dry on this piece, and totally cried, then cried again reading the letter he wrote me on our wedding day. One of these days I'll tell you guys our love story, because it's a special one. In the meantime, I need to go kiss my husband this minute!}




See the rest of the Advent Series: 1

1 comment:

  1. "Waits with expectation without weighing me down with expectations." that's beautiful. i love that the same word can mean different things. "expectation" could have been the key word of the first year of our marriage. unnecessary, burdening ones and the subsequent release of them. i can't wait to hear more of your love story :)

    ReplyDelete